Wednesday, September 25, 2013

netvibes (and symbaloo)

When Netvibes was presented to the class, I was unsure about it. It looks too busy for me, so I first used Symbaloo.

I like Symbaloo for its visual simplicity and it's simplistic approach. On the dashboard of Google Chrome, it's already set up similarly. When I open the browser, I see my most visited pages (Facebook, Tumblr, Bigcartel, Dr. Prestons English Literature & Composition blog). Seeing it that way in general is helpful because my homework and academic priorities are literally staring at me in the face. Symbaloo, on the other hand, automatically adds pages like the New York times in addition to Facebook and other popular social networking sites.

With dashboards that go this in-depth and have so many options, I'll definitely need to spend a lot more time with Symbaloo before I can use it to its full ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment